Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pretty cool picture!!!!

Sometimes we receive some pretty cool pictures in with repair requests.  Check out this one from Tony Arcuri and read the back story that goes along with it.

firebird

“Long story short, Started playing guitar when I was 5 years old. Went to the 1966 Allegheny Guitar and Accordion competition and did not place. Pretty bummed out. My dad said that if I won 1st place overall in 1967, he would buy me any guitar I want. I spent 1 whole year practicing 1 song. Malaguena. Lo & behold I won. So, at my guitar teachers I was going through the catalogs and saw the firebird. The only reason I wanted it was because of the cool firebird emblem on the pickguard. Guess I lucked out! Gibson took a year to make this for me. ($50 up-charge!)”

No comments:

Post a Comment